Answers to our most frequent customer enquiries.
As more planes take to the sky, we can’t wait to welcome you back.
Some of our services are running a little differently, so please refer to our service information page for current operating conditions.
We thank you for your ongoing support.
- Which Airports does SkyBus operate at?
- SkyBus operates from Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon, Hobart and Brisbane Airports. To view the routes from these airports View our services
- How do I find my nearest SkyBus stop?
- The most convenient way to find your nearest SkyBus stop is via the SkyBus App or by visiting our find your stop page
- Does SkyBus offer door to door transfers?
- No, SkyBus picks up at designated bus stops only. To find your nearest SkyBus stop download the SkyBus App or visit our find your stop page
- Do I need to book to travel on SkyBus?
- No, SkyBus services are 'turn up and go' meaning there is no booking required.
- How much does it cost to travel on SkyBus?
- SkyBus offers low cost fares starting at $15 one way, which is approximately a third of the cost of a taxi. View our fares
- Where do I buy SkyBus tickets?
- There are a number of ways to purchase SkyBus tickets:
1. Buy using the SkyBus App.
2. Buy online on the SkyBus website
3. Onboard from the bus driver- Hobart & Brisbane services only using card payments only, cash is not accepted.
4. From our conveneniently located self serve kiosks at Melbourne Airport, Southern Cross Station, Hobart Airport, Hobart City & Avalon Airport using card payments only.
- Can I pay for my SkyBus tickets with EFTPOS or credit card?
- Yes, you can buy your tickets online or via the SkyBus app using your credit card 24/7. You can also use your credit card or EFTPOS card to buy tickets from SkyBus self-serve kiosks. We accept American Express, Diners, Visa, MasterCard and Union Pay. Cash payments are currently not-accepted.
- Can I use my public transport card such as Myki, Go Card or Greencard as payment to travel on SkyBus.
- No, a SkyBus ticket must be purchased in order to travel on SkyBus services.
- Can I use my one-way SkyBus ticket in either direction?
- Yes, one-way tickets can be used in either direction.
- If I buy a round trip SkyBus ticket, can I use it for two adults one way?
- No, a round trip ticket is to be used on two separate journeys.
- How long is my SkyBus ticket valid for?
- SkyBus tickets are valid for three months from the date of purchase. Our Saver 10 trip tickets are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Can I buy my ticket in advance?
- Yes, as SkyBus tickets are valid for three months from the date of purchase you can buy ahead of time.
- What age is a child?
- Child tickets are valid for ages 4-16 years of age. Children under 4 travel free of charge. Child tickets must be purchased with an accompanying adult ticket when purchasing from the SkyBus website.
- Do you have tickets for Airport employees?
- SkyBus offers Airport employee pricing on our Melbourne Airport services. Please contact SkyBus on +61 3 9335 2811 (Valid paperwork required). Click here for our recent announcement to Airport staff.
- What hours does SkyBus operate?
- SkyBus has introduced some necessary temporary changes to our services in response to recent airport travel restrictions and reduced airport activity. Please view the timetable page of your chosen service for current operating hours and average journey times. View services
- Does SkyBus operate on public holdays?
- Yes, SkyBus operates 365 days a year. SkyBus services adhere to their weekend schedule on public holidays.
- How much time should I allow before departure to catch a SkyBus?
- Allow at least five to ten minutes before the scheduled departure time to buy your ticket(s) and board the SkyBus.
- How do I know which SkyBus to catch to get to the Airport on time?
- The best way to plan your journey is via the SkyBus App. You can also view bus departure times on our timetables page. Please ensure you allow sufficient travel time to meet your airline check in requirements and plan for additional travel time during peak periods (approximately 6-10am and 3-7pm).
- Is SkyBus easy to access by wheelchair?
SkyBus buses are mobility-enhanced, providing excellent access for wheelchair passengers.
Please call SkyBus on 1300 759 287 the day before you travel to confirm if you need wheelchair access.
- I have a Companion Card, can my companion travel with me?
- SkyBus will issue companion cardholders with a second ticket for their companion to travel at no charge.
- Do you accept Vision Impaired Travel Passes?
- Free travel is available for Vision Impaired Travel Pass holders. Free travel is available to accompanying attendants if the vision impaired person holds a Companion Card.
- Do you accept Department of Veteran's Affairs cards?
- Free travel is available to holders of a Veteran Gold Card embossed with EDA or TPI (Extreme Disablement Adjustment or Totally and Permanently Incapacitated) issued by the Department of Veteran's Affairs (DVA),
- Are car seats/cradles required for children and infants?
- Car seats and/or cradles are not required on SkyBus vehicles. Our low floor vehicles provide the opportunity for prams to remain upright, or children can be nursed.
Luggage and lost property
- Can I consume food and drink on the bus?
- Consumption of food or drinks (except water in screw top containers) is not permitted onboard our vehicles. The transportation of hot food and hot drink, irrespective of the container/vessel used is also prohibited onboard. This is in the interest of passenger safety and comfort.
- Can I bring cats or dogs on SkyBus?
- Pets are not permitted on board SkyBus. Guide dogs, hearing guide dogs or guide dogs in training and animals covered by the Assistance Animal Pass will be permitted to travel on SkyBus. Please have your Animal Assistance Pass available to produce on request.
- How much luggage can I take on SkyBus?
- SkyBus vehicles are equipped with onboard luggage storage. SkyBus' baggage allowance is the same as the standard checked and carry-on baggage allowance of the airline for which you hold a ticket.
- Does SkyBus accept oversized luggage? Is there a cost?
- Oversized items such as bikes, surf boards, sporting equipment and other very large items may be permitted, subject to the availability of space on a relevant trip. Passengers may be asked to travel on a subsequent bus if, in the driver's opinion there is insufficient space or the additional items may be a safety hazard. Bikes may be carried on board if, in the opinion of the driver, there is sufficient space and it is safe to do so, however, passengers may be required to dismantle and secure their bike in a container. There is no charge for oversized or excess luggage.
- Who do I contact if I have left something on SkyBus?
- If you’ve forgotten something on board, please call SkyBus on 1300 SKYBUS (1300 759 287) or visit www.skybus.com.au/lostproperty and complete the Lost Property Form. We will be in contact with you within 24 hours Monday – Friday
- Who do I contact if I left something at the Airport, Southern Cross Station or on my flight?
- For lost property at Melbourne Tullamarine Airport contact the information desk between 9am–5pm weekdays on +61 3 9297 1805.
- For lost property at Avalon Airport terminal or car park call +61 3 5227 9150.
- For lost property at Southern Cross Station phone +61 3 9619 1624.
- For lost property at Brisbane Airport complete their online form here
- For any property left on a Jetstar aircraft call Jetstar on 131 538.
- For any property left on a Virgin Australia aircraft call Virgin on 136 789.
- For any property left on a Qantas aircraft call Qantas on 131 313.