As more planes take to the sky, we can't wait to welcome you back.
Some of our services are running a little differently until flights are back in full swing, so please always check our website for the latest information.
- Our Hobart Express service is operating to meet scheduled major flight arrivals.
- Our Melbourne City Express service is currently operating between 4:30am and midnight, departing on average every 15 minutes.
- Our Byron Bay Express service is operating daily services and bookings are open. All passengers must have a border pass when entering Queensland. Delays of up to an hour can be expected so please allow for extra travel time.
- Our Avalon Airport service is operating to meet major scheduled flights.
- Face masks are required to be worn on all SkyBus Melbourne services
- Our other Melbourne Airport services remain temporarily disrupted.
- Please always check our website for the latest travel information.
Frequently Asked Questions
In response to recent extraordinary events, customers may have some questions about our services.
Timetables and services
We are thrilled to be welcoming passengers back on board. Some of our services are running a little differently until flights are back in full swing.
Passengers are advised to always check our website for the latest service and timetable information before planning their trip.
Services currently operating
Hobart Express is operating 7 days per week to meet major scheduled flights, view our timetable here. Tickets are available to purchase online, from our self-serve kiosks at Hobart Airport or from the driver using card payment only.
Melbourne City Express
Melbourne City Express is operating between 4:30am and midnight, departing on average, every 15 minutes. Ticket purchases can be made via our self-serve kiosks at Melbourne Airport and Southern Cross Station using card payments only or via our website and app. Face masks are mandatory on all public transport in Victoria.
Byron Bay Express
Byron Bay Express is operating daily services with an additional stop location in Byron Bay. Bookings are available online and via the SkyBus App. With reinstated border checkpoints between Queensland and New South Wales, all passengers must have a border pass when entering Queensland. Delays of up to an hour can also be expected, so we advise passengers to please allow for extra travel time. For the latest travel information or to amend your booking please call us on 1300 759 287.
Avalon City Express
Avalon City Express is operating services to meet major scheduled flights. Please view our timetable before travelling. Face masks are mandatory on all public transport in Victoria.
The normal schedule for all other SkyBus Melbourne services has been temporarily disrupted. Please contact us via phone 1300 759 287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can tailor options to best suit your travel requirements.
We are working with customers to offer as much flexibility as we can.
Our online sales channels for Hobart, Melbourne City, Avalon City and Byron Bay tickets are now available. Sales for all other services remain temporarily disabled.
We have extended the validity of unused tickets purchased between 1 Janauary 2020 and 1 July 2020 to be valid until 31 March 2021 if customers wish to reschedule and use them in the future.
If you had an event or flight cancelled, or simply no longer wish to travel with us, unfortunately we are unable to offer ticket refunds.
Enhanced hygiene measures for passenger safety and comfort
We care deeply about the safety, health and wellbeing of all of our people, passengers and community – and we have a number of measures in place to ensure our response to COVID-19 remains appropriate.
- We actively monitor the health and wellbeing of our team members and respectfully promote strict hygiene and social distancing measures in our workplace.
- Every SkyBus vehicle is routinely cleaned to the highest standard including daily enhanced infection control measures.
- Where appropriate and possible, we provide passengers with opportunities to use hand sanitiser in waiting areas or at point of entering our vehicles.
We continue to work with our government partners and industry to ensure our behaviour remains consistent with official advice while continuing to deliver our world-class services.